If you want a great family day out by the sea and enjoy dressing up,
put Hastings Pirate Day in your diary for July 2015
There is lots going on including:
- Grand Parade with Drummers through the Old Town of Hastings
- Brand new family friendly Pirate Ship Ride
- Children’s and Street Entertainers
- Pirate Crazy Golf Competition
- Pirate and Craft Market
- Walking the Plank
- Jack Sparrow lookalikes on the Stade (in aid of Gt Ormond Street Hospital)
- Winkle Club will transform Winkle Island into a Sci-Fi Paradise
- Fancy Dress Competition (open to all including the dog!)
- The return of the Old Town skeleton crew
- Bands in Participating Venues
- Massive Pirate Treasure Trail
- Pirate Art Projects
- …..And pirate films are being shown!
The exciting thing is that the Electric Palace cinema, in the heart of Hastings Old Town have invited us back for another screening of the restored version of Swallows & Amazons (U).
If the south coast of England is too far, or you missed this event don’t worry.
There are to be more screenings this summer at PictureHouse cinemas and in Cumbria.