The 4th Waterberg Trust Challenge Ride, which set off on 21st January 2018, proved fast, fun and fulfilling. Thanks go to all those who sponsored me on Justgiving.com and helped me to raise funds in other ways.
Crossing the game reserves of South Africa was a joy, especially since we encountered a number of newborn animals.
50% of funds raised go to Save The Waterberg Rhino to support the war against wildlife poaching.
50% of funds go to community projects that uplift the people of the region. You can see more photos of the projects supported here
Riders paid their own travel costs. We had a great team who’d worked hard on both their fitness and fundraising.
Some days were long but we were blessed with good weather. When the going got tough, we dismounted and walked.
Seven different game reserves were traversed in six days, with 187kms being clocked up on the GPS.
I felt hugely encouraged by everyone who supported me on social media and returned with dreams of exploring further afield. You can see more photos of the ride on The Waterberg Trust website.
What you can do to help
- Share posts found on The Waterberg Trust’s Facebook page: please click here
- For Save The Waterberg Rhino’s Facebook page: please click here
- For the Lapalala Wilderness School’s page: please click here
- Find out more by clicking here: Save The Waterberg Rhino
- Have fun fundraising for us: ideas and details here
- Send a donation to The Waterberg Trust: please click here for address
- Donate online. For Sophie’s 2018 Justgiving page – please click here